Thursday, February 07, 2008

TOO MUCH SNOW!!

I keep telling my parents that we have gotten a lot of snow this year, but I don't think they really have a clue as to how much. I remember it snowed one time in Georgia ( I was in the 4th grade) and the whole town practically shut down. No church that day, no school the next day, a lot of the stores were closed. Of course, it was only a thin layer of snow, but hey, that's a lot for Southeast Georgia. So, I wanted to show my family in Georgia how much snow is TOO MUCH SNOW!!! Notice how the snow is drifted up to the corner of the fence.

Also, notice how we still haven't taken down our Christmas lights. It's impossible because all the cords, along with our Santa Clause and Bear blow-ups, are buried under all the snow!!

This picture does a really good job of showing how much snow we've gotten this year!! The lowest swing is completely covered up!!!

This is one of the many piles of snow that Waylen has piled up around our yard. He went out on Monday night for over an hour, plowing the driveway and along the side of the house; only to wake up in the morning, with it completely covered again (it was probably close to 14 inches), so he had to do the same thing Tuesday night.


So, that is why I am anxious to get out to Georgia for a couple of weeks to escape from all the snow and cold too. But I was hoping it would all be gone by the time I get back, but I'm afraid we''ll probably be stuck with all this snow (and who knows how much more) until at least summer. RATS!!!

1 comment:

Surat Diaries said...

Maybe you can stow me away and take me to GA with you.