
Hayden is playing T-Ball this year. I put him in it mostly for a little "social activity" for the summer, and he was excited to find out that a couple of his friends from his preschool class are on his team. He has really enjoyed going to T-Ball practice, and I think he is learning a lot. He has learned to run to first base after hitting the ball instead of chasing after the ball. But he still doesn't get in a hurry about running. He had his first game on Saturday, and did pretty good for not really having a clue about what was going on. He actually did pretty good at hitting the ball, but then he didn't try very hard to get to first base.

During the game, I told him, after you hit the ball you have to run to 1st base, and he tells me, "I just want to walk." He was in la-la land for most of the time, and he was ready to go after the first inning. Waylen was the ump for 3rd base, and he said several of the kids asked him several times if the game was over yet. Their game lasted an hour, which was about 30 minutes too long.

Hayden's team has about 5 four year olds (going into PreK) on it, and the others are 5 or 6, with some having never played before either. And the team they played, all the players were 6 and in the 1st grade. I'm not sure what the actual score was, but I'm sure they had at least 3 times as many runs as Hayden's team did. Anyways, Hayden said he had fun, but then yesterday he was telling me that all his games are over, and that he just wants to go to T-Ball practice. I think his favorite thing about playing is getting a snack after practice and the games. He hadn't hurried too hard during his game, but once it was over, he went just a running to get his snack. --He has another game this evening, so it will be interesting to see how that game goes.
4 comments:
aww it looks like you had so much fun camping with your family. I miss camping.
Hayden is adorable in his t-ball outfit. I can't wait till mason is older to be able to play in sports.
As long as he has fun is all that matters.
It's so fun to have your kids in activities. We love soccer season. Ethan is 6 and sometimes we refer to his games as comedy hour. But Melody is right, as long as they are having fun, that's all that really matters.
He's had a lot of fun so far, and he hasn't gotten tired of it yet.
Post a Comment